Any link may be advertising for which I may get a commission if you buy, at no additional charge to you. See my Disclaimer.
Tired today. Driving caught up with me.
First off the block today:
Notice that now I’m a “Road” scholar! Started talking to a guy at the Route 66 booth on Santa Monica Pier and he told me about this. His name is Ian Bowen and he’s a photographer with many pictures on Route 66. https://www.ianbowenstudio.com He’s a part of the Route 66 network.
Some facts from the trip:
- Nights in hotels – 17
- Total days on the road – 18
- Miles traveled – 3540
- States visited – 8
- Muffler Man Giants found – 5
- States with no hotel nights – 1
- Shortest distance traveled in one day – 38
- Longest distance traveled in one day – 285
- Start of trip in downtown Chicago
- Illinois Route 66 Museum – Pontiac IL
- Bob’s Gasoline Alley – Cuba MO
- Uranus MO
- Trail of Tears memorial – Jerome MO
- Jerry McClanahan studio and visit – Chandler OKP
- Oklahoma City National Memorial – OK
- Cadillac Ranch – Amarillo TX
- Miraculous Staircase – Santa Fe NM
- Petrified Forest – near Holbrook AZ
- Standin’ on the Corner park – Winslow AZ
- Pete’s Service Station – Williams AZ
- Seligman AZ
- Oatman AZ
- Santa Monica Pier – Santa Monica CA – END OF THE ROAD!!!
- Route 66 booth on Santa Monica Pier and conversation with Ian Bowen
Today’s post is facts and highlights about the trip. The next post will focus on the thoughts and impressions of the trip.
Here are links back to every day of the trip: Day 1 – Chicago to Pontiac IL, Day 2 – Pontiac to Troy, Day 3 – Troy to Troy, Day 4 – Troy to Rolla MO, Day 5 – Rolla to Springfield MO, Day 6 – Springfield to Claremore OK, Day 7 – Claremore to Oklahoma City, Day 8 – Oklahoma City to Sayre OK, Day 9 – Sayre to Amarillo TX, Day 10 – Amarillo to Santa Fe, Day 11 – Santa Fe to Albuquerque, Day 12 – Albuquerque to Holbrook AZ, Day 13 – Holbrook AZ to Winslow AZ, Day 14 – Winslow to Kingman AZ, Day 15 – Kingman to Barstow CA, Day 16 – Barstow to Pasadena, Day 17 – Pasadena to Santa Monica Pier!